I have a love hate relationship with Bread. I love it, but my diet and hips HATE it. I don’t care though because it’s DELICIOUS, makes me happy and basically perfect. So, when I see a bunch of ripe bananas laying around I jump at the chance to not waste said fruit and make banana bread. Plus bananas=healthy fruit right? Riiiiiggghht.
If you feel like that’s your best solution as well, then follow this no fail recipe for a delicious slice of lovin’ from my oven.
1. Mash bananas in a medium sized bowl with a potato masher, pastry blender, beater, or just a simple fork.
2. Heat your oven to 350 and spray your loaf pan with Pam.
3. In a large bowl add 1 cup of Sugar, 1/3 cup softened butter (heat up butter in the microwave 15-30 seconds if cold), 1/2 t Vanilla, and two eggs.
4. Now add 1 1/2 c Mashed Bananas and 1/3 c Water and mix/beat for 30 seconds.
5. Now add your dry ingredients. 1 2/3 c Flour, 1/2 t Salt, 1 t Baking Soda, 1/4 t Baking powder.
6. Just mix until everything is incorporated and moistened.
7. Place in a prepared loaf pan and pop in the 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Another variation is to stir in 1/2 c nuts, or my favorite- Chocolate Chips!
Tip: When mixing in dried fruit, nuts or chocolate chips (all that will possible sink to the bottom during cooking) add 1 T of all-purpose flour and toss to coat before adding into your batter. This prevents the chips from sinking! #majorlifebakinghack
Then just pour into your prepared pan and proceed to bake as stated above.
Look at THAT! You know you’re drooling. I AM! Plus you won’t need to burn a candle while this is cooking, because there isn’t a candle in the world that matches fresh banana bread cooking in the oven.
When you take it out of the oven just do a quick toothpick test to make sure it’s completely done. Poke a toothpick in or near the center and pull it out. If it comes out clean (with no batter) then it’s done! I let my bread rest about 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Afterwhich I turn it out onto a kitchen towel to finish cooling.
Nothing says I love you quite like a slice of this magic slathered with butter.
Making banana bread is so easy and I bet you will be everyones bestie if you share.